How to File an Appeal

In English  |  En Español  |  Txhais lus Hmoob  |  Other Languages

To appeal you can file online or write to the department stating that you are appealing a determination. The appeal must be submitted, mailed or faxed to the hearing office listed on the reverse side of your determination.

To be timely, your appeal must be received or postmarked by the last appeal date shown on the front of the determination. If you are appealing more than one determination, you must file a separate appeal for each determination.

Online Appeals

File an appeal online:

If you appeal online, after you 'SUBMIT', print and keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records. Immediately start preparing for a hearing.

If you are unable to complete an appeal request online, you must mail or fax your appeal.


This may ONLY be used to appeal an Unemployment Insurance benefit determination.

This is NOT used for:

Extensive information about UI appeals and the hearing process can be found in the online pamphlet Attending a UI Hearing (also available en Español and Txhais lus hmoob).

Email DWD DWD Instragram DWD on Twitter DWD on Facebook DWD on YouTube DWD on LinkedIn DWD RSS Feed

A proud partner of the network