How to File an Appeal
To appeal you can file online or write to the department stating that you are appealing a determination. The appeal must be submitted, mailed or faxed to the hearing office listed on the reverse side of your determination.
To be timely, your appeal must be received or postmarked by the last appeal date shown on the front of the determination. If you are appealing more than one determination, you must file a separate appeal for each determination.
File an appeal online:
- Claimants: https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov
- Employers: https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/ui/sides
- Representatives: https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov/OnlineAppeals
If you appeal online, after you 'SUBMIT', print and keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records. Immediately start preparing for a hearing.
If you are unable to complete an appeal request online, you must mail or fax your appeal.
- Copy of the determination or its nine-digit number located in the upper left-hand corner of the page
- Claimant's name and social security number
- Name of business and actual worksite address
- Dates and times when you and your witnesses and/or representatives cannot attend a hearing
- Any special needs such as an interpreter or other accommodations
This may ONLY be used to appeal an Unemployment Insurance benefit determination.
This is NOT used for:
- Tax determinations
- Appeal Tribunal Decisions
- Labor & Industry Review Commission decisions
- Court decisions (Circuit Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court)