How to File an Appeal
In English |
En Español |
Txhais lus Hmoob | Other Languages
To appeal you can file online or write to the department stating that you are appealing a determination.
If you are unable to complete an appeal request online, you must mail or fax your appeal.
To be timely, your appeal must be received or postmarked by the last appeal date shown on the front of the determination.
If you are appealing more than one determination, you must file a separate appeal for each determination.
After you 'SUBMIT', print and keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records. Immediately start preparing for a hearing.
Mail or Fax Appeal
UI Hearing Office
P.O. Box 7975
Madison, WI 53707
Fax: (608) 327-6498
Information to Include
- Copy of the determination or its nine-digit number
located in the upper left-hand corner of the page
- Claimant's name and social security number
- Name of business and actual worksite address
- Dates and times when you and your witnesses and/or
representatives cannot attend a hearing
- Any special needs such as an interpreter or other
This may ONLY be used to appeal an Unemployment Insurance benefit determination.
This is NOT used for:
- Tax determinations
- Appeal Tribunal Decisions
- Labor & Industry Review Commission decisions
- Court decisions (Circuit Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court)
Extensive information about UI appeals and the hearing process can be found in the online
pamphlet Attending a UI Hearing
(also available en Español and
Txhais lus hmoob).