Labor Law Clinics are educational seminars, usually one day in length, which
are open to the public and feature DWD staff explaining many of the laws and
rules the agency administers.
More information is available on attending and
sponsoring a Clinic. A certificate of attendance is also available for continuing education
Sign up to receive e-mail notification when new training has been scheduled.
Clinics are not held during winter months.
- No Clinics Currently Scheduled
Be sure to check out Friday
Fundamentals web conferences for expanded versions of Labor Law
Clinic topics available during winter months and beyond including these
- 10/12/18 – Deciding Who Is Eligible for Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits
- 10/26/18 – Job Service Resources: Connecting Employers with Job Seekers; Wisconsin Fast Forward
- 11/09/18 – Demystifying Arrest and Conviction Record Under the Wisconsin Fair Employment Law
- 12/07/18 – Defining "Misconduct" and "Substantial Fault" under Wisconsin UI Law
- 01/11/19 – Worker Misclassification
- 02/08/19 – Enhancing Diversity in the Workplace: Facts, Strategies and Resources
- 02/22/19 – Wisconsin's Wage & Hour Laws: Basics & Beyond
- 03/15/19 – Understanding the Principles of the Worker's Compensation Law
- 04/05/19 – You Be the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Judge
- 04/19/19 – State and Federal Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Laws and Protections Overview
- 05/17/19 – Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax Law
PDF format requires Adobe Reader - free download available