- Trade Program Assistance:
- TAA: 888-258-9966
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA)
ELIGIBILITY: In order to be eligible for
the Trade Program you must be a worker who lost their job at a company
and location certified
by the Department of Labor as a Trade affected employer. In order to find out if your company was certified you can go to the
Department of Labor website and enter your company’s name.
Please call Trade Program Assistance for application information at 608-267-7772.
- Workers lose their jobs due to the impact of foreign trade.
- A petition is filed with the Department of Labor (DOL) by a company or employer, a group
of three or more workers, their union, or another authorized representative.
- If requirements under the Trade Act are met, DOL will certify the petition.
- After a company's petition is certified, DWD receives a list of affected workers.
- Affected workers need to file individual applications for the Trade program to determine eligibility
for benefits and services.
- DWD will contact affected workers by either inviting them to attend an
orientation appointment, or mailing them an application packet.
For more information about the petition process visit the Department of Labor
How to Apply
- If you have not already filed an application at an orientation or through the mail,
please call Trade Program Assistance to request an application packet at 608-267-7772.
- REMINDER: In order to be eligible for the
Trade program you must be a worker who lost their job at a company
and location certified by
the Department of Labor as a Trade affected employer.
Call Trade Program Assistance for help filling out the application at 608-267-7772.
After You Apply
- After you have applied for the Trade Program, the DWD Unemployment Insurance
Division will process your application to determine if you are eligible.
- This may take up to 3 weeks.
- If you are already working with a career planner, continue to work with them to develop your reemployment plan.
- I've applied, what's next?
Now you need to be aware of certain deadlines and other
important next steps for you to take.