Apply for Benefits Online
For a New Claim or to Reopen an Existing Claim
COVID-19 Unemployment FAQs for Claimants
If you're out of work through no fault of your own you'll need to apply for unemployment benefits before you can begin filing a weekly claim. Please make sure you have these documents ready to go to make your application quick and easy:
- Certain situations require additional information we cannot collect online at this time. A few examples include:
- You work for an educational employer.
- You did not work for one of the employers we have on file for you.
- If you are instructed to call a claims specialist to complete your claim during business hours, the information you have already provided will be saved and available to the claims specialist when you call.
- You will receive a Claim Confirmation and Instructions form.
- The Handbook for Claimants is online. You are responsible for knowing the information provided in this handbook.
- If you qualify for unemployment benefits, we will send you a
notice with the amount of benefits you can receive.
- If you do not qualify for unemployment benefits, we
will send you a notice that tells you why.
- If you are required to perform a weekly work search or
if you work less than full-time (32 hours or more per week)
you must register for work with Wisconsin Job Service and complete a résumé
within 14 days of the date you completed your application
for unemployment benefits.
Hours of Operation: Online services are available at the following times to apply for benefits:
||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
|Monday – Friday
||6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
||9:00 AM - 2:30 PM