Apply for Benefits Online
For a New Claim or to Reopen an Existing Claim
If you're out of work through no fault of your own you'll need to apply for unemployment benefits before you can begin filing a weekly claim. Please make sure you have these documents ready to go to make your application quick and easy:
- Certain situations require additional information we cannot collect online at this time. A few examples include:
- You work for an educational employer.
- You did not work for one of the employers we have on file for you.
- If you are instructed to call a claims specialist to complete your claim during business hours, the information you have already provided will be saved and available to the claims specialist when you call.
- You will receive a Claim Confirmation and Instructions form.
- The Handbook for Claimants is online. You are responsible for knowing the information provided in this handbook.
- If you qualify for unemployment benefits, we will send you a
notice with the amount of benefits you can receive.
- If you do not qualify for unemployment benefits, we
will send you a notice that tells you why.
- If you are required to perform a weekly work search or
if you work less than full-time (32 hours or more per week)
you must register for work with Wisconsin Job Service and complete a résumé
within 14 days of the date you completed your application
for unemployment benefits.
Hours of Operation: Online services are available at the following times to apply for benefits:
||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|Monday – Friday
||6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
||9:00 AM - 2:30 PM