Electronic Payment Options for Employers
Pay UI Taxes Online with Credit or Debit Card using Online Services
Credit or debit cards can be used to pay your Unemployment Insurance (UI) taxes. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards are accepted. The current service fee is 1% for making payments with a credit or debit card.
To make a payment:
- Go to https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uitax and click option "3. Billing Detail" under Employer Online Services.
- Login to your account and read/continue past any Important Messages.
- On the Billing Detail page, enter an amount in the "Amount to Pay:" field if not already populated with the desired amount.
- Select "Click here to make a Credit/Debit Card payment."
- Enter or update the Credit/Debit Card Registration Profile information as needed. Click "Continue"
- Proceed with the payment on the external US Bank site after being transferred. You will be required to enter your card number, expiration date, and CVC code.
Credit or Debit Card Payment Topics
Activating the headings using enter from the keyboard expands the answer text underneath the question, so it can be read.
To save a Credit or Debit Card for Future Use or Edit/Delete an Existing Saved Card
- Login to your UI account and navigate to your Employer Home page.
- Select the Payment Options link.
- Select Manage Card Accounts.
- Enter or update the Registration Profile information as needed. Click Continue.
- After being transferred to the US Bank site, you will land on the "My Account" page. Select Payment Methods.
- On the "Saved Payment Methods" page, select Add a Payment Method if you want to add a card. You will need to enter the card number, expiration date, and either verify the billing address or add it prior to saving. If you want to edit a saved card, click "Edit" on the corresponding card row or "Delete" if wanting to remove it.
- The card should be available when returning to make a payment.
Credit or Debit Card Payments - General Information
To make card payments you must have access to your account online. If you file your Unemployment Insurance reports online through our website, you already have access to your UI account and can submit card payments immediately.
If you do not have online access to your UI account and want to make card payments, you will need an access code mailed to you. Access codes can be obtained by going to our website at https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uitax and selecting the link Request Online Access to Your Account. Users will be required to create a username and password. Once the username and password are created, the user will enter either their 10-digit UI Account Number or their Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). For security purposes, the access code is mailed to the employer's main business mailing address.
When making a card payment online, you will be session transferred to an external site powered by US Bank. All card processing occurs through the US Bank site and the DWD does not collect, store, or transmit any card data.
To make a payment, you will need to have your card number, expiration date, and 3-digit CVC security code available. After entering your card data, you will have the option of saving your card for future use. When using a saved card in the future, you will need to provide the 3-digit CVC security code each time. Note: Payment information is specific to your login ID and corresponding account. Your saved card will not be available to other login IDs with access to your UI account, nor available to other UI accounts if you have access to multiple accounts.
You can access the card payment site after you login in to your UI account. From the Employer Home page, select Payment Options or Billing Detail. Alternatively, after you complete the filing of your UI tax report online using the File Tax and Wage Reports System the Filing Confirmation page will have a link to Payment Options.
Advantages of Credit or Debit Card Payments
- You can file your report prior to the payment due date and elect to have your payment charged on the tax due date. This eliminates the need of waiting to the last minute to file your report.
- Making payments electronically eliminates the need to mail in a check and the worry that your payment is received by the tax due date.
- Card payments can be settled same-day until the cut-off time at 6pm. Note: While the payment will be treated as effective on the day it settles, it will take 1-2 business days before the payment is actually posted to your UI account.
Please contact UI at (608) 266-5793 or email email@example.com if you have further questions.