Skip main navigation

Outdated or Unsupported Browser Detected
DWD's website uses the latest technology. This makes our site faster and easier to use across all devices. Unfortunatley, your browser is out of date and is not supported. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience. To update Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge visit their website.

Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claimant Handbook icon of open book

Section 6 - Getting You Back to Work

English  |  Español  |  Hmoob

The Job Center of Wisconsin (JCW) offers many no-cost programs and services – including job leads and career resources – to help you get back to work faster.

Re-Employment Services

In addition to job search assistance, Job Center of Wisconsin can assist you with résumé writing, interviewing skills, labor market information, and more.

Help with Finding Employment

For re-employment services visit or contact your nearest Job Center. To locate the nearest Job Center, call toll-free (888) 258-9966 or search online at If you reside in another state, contact the nearest public employment office.

Re-Employment Programs

If instructed, you must complete an online orientation and assessment after you register for work. When you complete the orientation and assessment, we will inform you whether you are required to participate in additional re-employment services. Participation in re-employment services will help you return to work faster.

If you fail to complete the online orientation and assessment or participate in the re-employment services, you may lose your UI. If you cannot participate by the deadline given, contact the Job Center immediately to reschedule.

Participation in mandatory re-employment services will satisfy your work search requirement for the week in which you participate. However, attending other employment workshops on your own can only be considered one work search contact, even if the workshop is conducted by a Job Center.

When You Find A New Job

Full-time Work

After you start a new full-time job, you do not need to notify our office that you found work. Simply stop submitting weekly claim certifications when you start your new job (even if you will not be paid for a week or more). Should you start the new job in the middle of a week, be sure to report your earnings on your weekly claim certification. Remember: you must report wages in the week they are earned, and you will not be eligible for benefits if you work 32 hours or more in any given week.

Part-time Work

If you find part-time work, you may still be eligible for partial UI payments. Be sure to report any earnings from part-time work. See Reporting Earnings and Reductions for more information.

Updated: September 28, 2022