Report Unemployment Fraud
- If you are aware of someone fraudulently collecting Wisconsin unemployment benefits, please contact us using one of the methods below.
- All allegations of fraud are investigated.
- You can make your report anonymously, or give us your name. Knowing who you are gives us a chance to obtain additional details if needed. If you wish to remain anonymous, do not give us any information the claimant could use to identify you.
- REMEMBER! You are a very important source of information about claimants and employers committing fraud.
How To Report
- Submit online using our Web Form to Request a Fraud Investigation
- Call our Unemployment Fraud Hotline at 1-800-909-9472 (Fraud Specialists are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Mail us at the following address:
Attn: Program Integrity
P.O. Box 7905
Madison, WI 53707
To be sure that we are able to adequately investigate your allegation, be sure to include as much of the following information as possible (if you do not know the answer, don't worry, just tell us what you do know):
- Who is committing fraud?
- What is their full address?
- The claimant's social security number?
- The claimant's phone number?
- What are they doing? (working? running a business? living in another country? unable to work?)
- When did they start doing this?
- If they are working - what is the Employer's Name?
- Where is the employer located?
- What is the employer's address and phone number?
- Who else knows about it?
- Your name, address and phone number (optional)
Due to strict DWD confidentiality laws, we cannot confirm or deny an investigation initiated by a unemployment fraud submission or disclose information about an employer or claimant.