A program requiring employers to report newly hired employees.
Federal and state law requires all Wisconsin employers and
labor organizations with a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) to
report to the State Directory of New Hires within 20 days:
- Each newly hired employee
- Employees who are rehired after a separation of 60 days or more, including individuals who remain on the payroll during the separation
Employers must also report employees who are rehired, recalled, or returning to work after an unpaid interval of more than 60 days. For more information, see Reporting Fundamentals.
Report New Hires Online
- Secure Site / Password Protected
- Key individual reports, or send a file
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Toll Free Inquiry Line 1-888-300-4473
Specialists available Monday through Friday 8:00 am until 4:00pm (CST).
Forms and Publications