Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: Department of Workforce Development by Teleconference
Public may attend by:
Phone: 415-655-0003 or 855-282-6330 (toll free) or
Meeting Number (Access Code): 145 457 0793 Meeting Password: DWD1
Agenda Items and Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the August 20, 2020 Council Meeting
- Department Update
- Trust Fund Update – Tom McHugh
- Rulemaking Update
- Emergency Rule 2006, DWD Chs. 127 and 128
- Work search actions, availability for work, and work available for
people filing claims with the unemployment insurance program during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Effective May 9, 2020 – December 4, 2020
- Emergency Rule 2011, DWD Ch. 113
- Waiving interest in limited circumstances for employers subject to reimbursement financing
when reimbursements are delinquent due to COVID-19.
- Effective June 5, 2020 – December 31, 2020
- Emergency Rule 2018, DWD Ch. 102
- Employer contribution rates for 2021.
- Effective June 29, 2020 – November 25, 2020
- Request for 60-day extension filed with JCRAR
- Emergency Rule 2034, DWD Ch. 120
- Providing notification of the availability of unemployment insurance to employees
at the time of separation from employment.
- Effective November 2, 2020 – March 31, 2021
- WebEx hearing will be held November 10, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- Scope Statement
- Research Requests
- Future Meeting Dates
- November 19, 2020
- No December 2020 meeting
- Public Hearing (by WebEx)
- Monday, November 9, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Due to the public health emergency, the meeting will be conducted via teleconference.
The public may attend by teleconference or WebEx using the information provided under the meeting details above.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order. The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee or employer members of
the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the
meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action or
items posted in this agenda, under sec. 19.85(1)(ee),
Stats. The employee or employer members of
the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after
completion of the closed session.
- This location is accessible to persons with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance
(such as an interpreter or information in an alternate format), please contact Robin Gallagher,
Unemployment Insurance Division, at (608) 267-1405 or dial 7-1-1 for Wisconsin Relay Service.
- Today's meeting materials will be available online at the time the meeting is scheduled to begin at: