Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the January 18, 2018 Council Meeting
- Department Update
- Open Records Training - Ernest Jones
- Annual Fraud Report - Joe Handrick & Janell Knutson
- Update on Legislation
- UIAC Agreed Bill (SB 399/AB 516)
- Increased Criminal Penalties for UI Benefit Fraud (SB 542/AB 710)
- Methods for Filing UI Claims (SB 772)
- Legalization of Marijuana (AB 482)
- THC Testing (AB 1005)
- Mobility Grants for UI Claimants (AB 243)
- Social Security Disability and UI Benefits (HR 2031)
- Ensuring Quality in the UI Program (EQUIP) Act (HR 3330)
- DWD v. LIRC, Valarie Beres & Mequon Jewish Campus, Inc.
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have a disability and need assistance (such as an interpreter or information in an alternate format), please contact Robin Gallagher, Unemployment Insurance Division, at 608-267-1405 or dial 7-1-1 for Wisconsin Relay Service.
- Today's meeting materials will be available online at 10:00 a.m. at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/meetings.htm