Information You Need to Apply
Applying for unemployment benefits is smoother and faster when you have essential information in-hand. The information you provide will be used to determine your eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits.
It is important that your information is accurate and complete for all questions asked. The law provides penalties for withholding information or making false statements to obtain benefits.
Have This Information Ready To Apply:
- A username and password for filing online*
- A valid email or mobile number
- Your social security number *
- Your Wisconsin driver license or identification number
- Your work history for the last 18 months:
- Employers' business names
- Employers' addresses (including zip code)
- Employers' phone number
- First and last dates of work with each employer
- Reason no longer working with each employer
- If not a U.S. citizen, your alien registration
number, document number and expiration date
- Form DD-214 (Member 4 copy), if you served in the military in
the last 18 months
- Form SF-50 or SF-8, if you are a federal civilian employee
- If you are a union member, the name and local number of your union hall
- Your current address. You need a valid mailing address
to receive important documents about your claim. Make sure
you have notified your post office of any recent changes to your
*Your username and password (referred to as security credentials) and your social security number will be used to identify you and must be used when accessing your account. Do not give your security credentials to ANYONE.