Outdated or Unsupported Browser Detected
DWD's website uses the latest technology. This makes our site faster and easier to use across all devices. Unfortunatley, your browser is out of date and is not supported. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience. To update Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge visit their website.
- Equal Rights
- Case Related File Submission Guidance
Equal Rights Division File Submission Guidance
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division (ERD) uses an electronic case management system to store all case-related documents. When submitting case-related documents, exhibits, and audio, video, or image files, please follow these instructions closely to help avoid delays in processing your case.
When submitting CASE-RELATED DOCUMENTS, you:
- Should email all submissions under 20MB.
- Should request access to WIBOX file share for submissions larger than 20MB.
Use WIBox for complex submissions or those containing multiple file attachments. Contact the ERD staff assigned to your case, or our office, to request access to WIBOX.
- Should mail submissions if you do not have access to email or the internet.
If you are mailing CASE-RELATED DOCUMENTS, you:
- Should include your case number on all submissions.
- Should NOT staple or permanently bind documents.
- Should NOT use three-ring or spiral binders.
- Should NOT send originals. Documents and media are not returned.
When submitting EXHIBITS, you:
- Should include your case number on all emails and submissions.
- Should bold all exhibit numbers and enclosures referenced throughout your answer.
- Should use exhibit slip sheets between each exhibit/enclosure. (e.g. a page where the only words printed are "Exhibit A", "Exhibit B", etc..)
- Should NOT use tabbed inserts or dividers to separate documents.
- Should NOT submit your documents using more than one (1) method. This may result in delayed processing. If you have concerns with your document submission, please confirm receipt with the ERD staff assigned to your case.
When submitting DOCUMENTS, AUDIO, VIDEO OR IMAGE FILES you:
- Should submit document files as .pdf (preferred), .doc/.docx, .xls/.xlsx, or .txt
- Should submit video files as .mp4 (preferred), .wmv, .mov, or .avi
- Should submit audio files as .mp3 (preferred), .avi, .wma, or .wav
- Should submit image files as .png, .jpg, .jpeg, or .tiff
- Should submit documents, video, audio and images files that are incident specific. Audio and video file(s) should not extend more than 2 minutes on either side of the specific incident. If you are unable to edit file length, please include approximate timestamp (start and end time) of incident.
Note: Application (.exe) files are not accepted by the ERD.
- Files submitted to the ERD must be in one of the formats listed above.
For more information