Skip main navigation

Outdated or Unsupported Browser Detected
DWD's website uses the latest technology. This makes our site faster and easier to use across all devices. Unfortunatley, your browser is out of date and is not supported. An update is not required, but it is strongly recommended to improve your browsing experience. To update Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge visit their website.

How to File a Labor Standards Complaint

Types Of Complaints:

Cessation of Health Care Benefits

For these complaints you must use the Cessation of Health Care Benefits Complaint Form (ERD-12193). The complaint may be filed by a current employee of the business, a retired employee of the business, a former employee of the business, a Union Representative, or a dependent of an employee or retiree.

General Labor Standards

We may also receive General Labor Standards complaints on the Labor Standards Complaint Form, online or via mail, from anyone alleging a place of employment violated one or more state labor standards requirements (i.e. overtime, minimum wage, employment of minors, etc).

File a Complaint

Plant Closing/Mass Lay-Off Notification Law

These complaints use the Plant Closing/Mass Lay-off Notification Complaint Form (ERD-9646-E). The complaint can be filed by a laid off employee, a discharged employee, a soon to be laid off/discharged employee, the highest municipal official, or a union representative.

Wage Claim

Any current or former employee may file a wage claim against a place of employment alleging the employee has not been paid all agreed upon wages. Or they may file a wage claim in court within two years of when the wages were earned and payable.

File a Complaint

For more information