Hospitality, Lodging and Tourism
Hospitality , Lodging, and Tourism YA Program Timeframe
- One Year Hospitality, Lodging, & Tourism YA Program = Required Skills + Two additional Units MINIMUM
- Two Year Hospitality, Lodging, & Tourism YA Program = Required Skills + Four additional Units MINIMUM
- Switching between pathways is allowable if permitted by local consortium policy.
Hospitality, Lodging, and Tourism YA Required Skills
These units provide the employability, safety, and security skills foundation for working in the hospitality, lodging, and tourism industry.
Restaurant & Food/Beverage Services Pathway
These pathway units provide the learner with skills necessary to work in any number of restaurant, banquet and food service areas provided that all of the competencies can be achieved.
These pathways units provide the learner with skills necessary to work hotel/motel operations.
Travel & Tourism Pathway
This pathway unit allows the learn to work in a variety of venues including zoos, museums, tours, golf clubs, outdoor activity venues, etc., provided that that all of the competencies can be achieved.
These pathway units provide the learner with a variety of options for additional skill attainment in hospitality, lodging, restaurant, and tourism settings.
- Maintenance & Grounds Unit
- Meetings & Events Unit
- Marketing & Sales I Unit
- Marketing & Sales II Unit
- Management I Unit
- Management II Unit
Related Hospitality, Lodging, and Tourism YA Program Information
Certifications and Organizations
- LMP- AHLEI Lodging Management Program
- NRAEF National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- ProStart® Program
- WACVB- Wisconsin Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- WIA- Wisconsin Innkeepers Association
- WI-DOT- Wisconsin Department of Tourism
- WRA- Wisconsin Restaurant Association
The Career Clusters® brand logo and its extensions are the property of the National Career Technical Education Foundation, as managed by NASDCTEc.