WI Youth Apprenticeship Media Packet
Youth Apprenticeship (YA) Day (September 26, 2017)
Regional Youth Apprenticeship Coordinators
2017 Youth Apprenticeship Forum
Materials from the 2017 Youth Apprenticeship (YA) Forum held March 8 in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
Note: Forum materials will remain posted through December 2017.
- The Wisconsin Economy: Looking Back and Moving Forward
Presenter: Dennis Winters, Chief Economist, DWD Bureau of Workforce Information and Technology Support
- Career Readiness in Wisconsin
Presenter: Robin Kroyer-Kubicek, Career Pathways Education Consultant, DPI
- Laws Regulating the Employment of Minors
Presenter: Jim Chiolino, Director, DWD Equal Rights Division, Labor Standards Bureau
- DWD/Division Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) Collaboration and Partnerships
Presenter: Serryn Hawkins, DVR Business Service Consultant – Eau Claire
- Apprenticeship and Beyond
The Rulemaking Process at DSPS
Presenters: Joan Gage, Program Manager; and Aaron Knautz, Senior License Exam Specialist, WI Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS)
- Critical Components for At-Risk Youth Career Development
Presenter: Kathy Eidsmoe, Educational Consultant / Professional Development Specialist, CESA 1
| Passion, Planning, Perseverance | Looking Back to Plan Forward | Happenstance Learning Theory | Work Personality Assessments Summary | Holland Code Descriptions | Motivations for Working | 16 Career Clusters and Pathways | Career Cluster Signs | Writing Work Personality | Human Search Engine | Career Counseling and Family Therapy | Life Career Success | Life Design Counseling Manual | Template: Program of Study | Workbook: My Career Story | Worksheet: Career Clusters Interest Survey | Worksheet: Career Style Interview Questions [and Guide] | Worksheet: Career Adaptibilities Scale | Worksheet: Interview and Counselor |
- Wisconsin Job Center and Milton High School: A Workforce Partnership
Presenters: Amy Kenyon, School-to-Career and YA Coordinator; and Heath Bierman, Employment and Training Specialist, DWD Rock County Job Center
| Career Day Student Brochure | Career Day Staff-Advisor Instructions | Business Services Contacts by WDB |
- Worker's Compensation Insurance Coverage for Youth
Presenters: B.J. Dernbach, Administrator, DWD Workers Compensation Division; Joseph Moreth, Insurance Program Bureau Director, DWD Workers Compensation Division; Brandon Peterson, YA Regional Coordinator, Greater Green Bay Chamber YA Consortium; and Dan Klecker, Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES) Wisconsin Manager, WI Automobile and Truck Dealers Association (WATDA)
- Tools in the Toolbox: Linking YA to the Early College Experience
Resource to Find the Right People and Start the Conversation
Presenters: Jonathan Feld, Director; and Erin Cherney, Manager High School Relations, Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), Office of Articulation and Transfer
YA Program Information
- How does YA compare to other work-based learning programs?
- YA career programs
- Responsiblities in the YA program
- Requirements for YA employment
- Legal requirements governing YA student employment
- Requirements for YA related technical instruction
- Starting a YA program
- YA Program administration
- Required YA operational procedures
- YA program funding
- Operating a YA program
- Planning for required activities
- Recruit, enroll, and certify YA students
- Matching funds requirements
- How can I ensure my program grant will be awarded?
- Submitting a YA program application and grant
- This "Data Analysis to Inform Employer Engagement in Youth Development Programs" webinar describes the types of labor market data you should consider before establishing an employer engagement plan. It also features a promising practitioner who is using data to help formulate long lasting relationships with the employer community. Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Workforce3One, February 25, 2008.
- "New YA Coordinator Training" A 90 minute, self-paced, audio Power Point presentation for
YA Coordinators new to the job or those seeking clarification on components of the YA program.
Training Module 1 Correction: Slide 8 audio states 35 consortiums, the correct number is 36, as reflected in the typed text.
- "Recruiting new employers for the YA program" A 90 minute, self-paced, audio Power Point
presentation for YA Coordinators covering information vital for recruiting and partnering with employers in
- "Implementing Youth Apprenticeship at Your Worksite" A 60 minute, self-paced, audio Power Point presentation for NEW YA Employers or those seeking clarification on components of the employer role in YA.
- "Using the YA Curriculum" A 7.5 minute video explaining the components and use of the Youth Apprenticeship curriculum in your consortium, with your instructors, and with employers at the worksite.