Architecture & Construction (AC)
Architecture & Construction YA Program Timeframe
- One Year Architecture & Construction YA Program = Required Skills (Core Skills + Safety) and One Pathway Unit MINIMUM
- Two Year Architecture & Construction YA Program = Required Skills for EACH pathway and Two Pathway Units MINIMUM
Architecture & Construction Required Skills
These units provide the employability and safety skill foundation for working in the Architecture & Construction industry.
- Carpentry Fundamentals Unit
- Electrical Fundamentals Unit
Important Note: All YA Construction Electrical Fundamentals students must be registered with the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS), and any YA student planning to enroll in a Level Two (2-year) Electrical program must take some related instruction approved by DSPS.
DSPS Registration and Instruction Requirement details
- Masonry/Concrete Fundamentals Unit
- Mechanical/Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Fundamentals Unit
- Plumbing/Sprinkler Fitting Fundamentals Unit
Related Architecture & Construction YA Program Information
Certifications & Organizations
- Associated General Contractors of Wisconsin (http://www.agcwi.org)
- BuildWisconsin.com (http://www.buildwisconsin.com)
- American Institute of Architects (http://www.aia.org)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (http://www.ncarb.org)
- Wisconsin Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (http://www.aiaw.org)
The Career Clusters® brand logo and its extensions are the property of the National Career Technical Education Foundation, as managed by NASDCTEc.