Help Us Report
DWD Worker Classification
Worker's Compensation - Worker Classification
Nine Requirements Test - Independent Contractor
Requirement Six - Receive Compensation Under a Contract on a Commission, Per Job, or Competitive Bid Basis
The individual receives compensation for work or service performed under a contract on a commission or per job or competitive bid basis and not on any other basis.
Explanation of Requirement Six
An employing unit satisfies this requirement by showing that the individual:
- Is paid for work or service performed under a contract. The contract can be oral or written.
- Is paid on a commission basis, or;
- Is paid on a per job basis, or;
- Is paid on a competitive bid basis;
- Is not paid on any other basis
Case studies relevant to Requirement Six based upon cases decided by the Labor and Industry Review Commission (LIRC), Wisconsin Circuit Courts and Wisconsin Appellate Courts