Plain Language Summary of Law Changes: 1996-2012
For many decades, every two years, the Worker's Compensation Advisory Council recommends a bill with a series of changes to the Act. In some years, the changes are extensive. In others, the recommended changes are relatively minor. By tradition, the "agreed-upon" changes to the Act are not amended by the Legislature and enjoys the unanimous support of the legislature.
A brief summary of legislative changes to the Workers Compensation Act since 1996 is provided for informational and references purposes. Unless otherwise indicated, the changes take effect January 1st of each even-numbered year. These legislative changes represent the collective wisdom of the Workers Compensation Advisory Council about how to distill many diverse points of viewfrom employees, employers, insurers, health-care providers, attorneys, elected officials and staffinto a "package" that improves the worker's compensation system in Wisconsin.
- Amendments to the Worker's Compensation Act Plain Language Summary 2011 Wisconsin Act 183 - effective April 17, 2012 - Revised as of December 14, 2012
- Amendments to the Worker's Compensation Act Plain Language Summary 2011 Wis Act 183 - effective April 17, 2017
- Amendments to the Worker's Compensation Act Plain Language Summary 2009 Wis. Act 206 - effective May 1, 2010
- Amendments to the Worker's Compensation Act Plain Language Summary 2007 Wisconsin Act 185 - effective April 1, 2008
- Summary of s. 102.315, Wis. Stats., Worker's compensation insurance; employee leasing companies - effective April 1, 2008
- Amendments to DWD 80 and creation of DWD 81 - effective November 1, 2007
- 2005 Wisconsin Act 172 - effective April 1, 2006
- Chapter DWD 80 - effective July 1, 2004
- 2003 - Wisconsin Act 144 - effective March 30, 2004
- 2001 - Wisconsin Act 37 - effective January 1, 2002
- 1999 Wisconsin Act 14 - effective January 1, 2000
- 1997 Wisconsin Act 38 - effective January 1, 1998
- 1995 Wisconsin Act 117 - effective January 1, 1996