Website - Division of Worker's Compensation
Email - WC
Council on Workers' Compensation
August 22, 2017
The Department of Workforce Development provided public notice of this meeting under Wis.
Members present: Ms. Bloomingdale, Mr. Buchen, Mr. Dernbach (Chair), Ms. Frank, Mr. Fugina, Ms. Johnson, Mr. Kent, Mr. Reader, Mr. Redman, Ms. Seiler, Mr. Schwanda, Ms. Thomas, and Mr. Tindall
Excused: Mr. Gunderson
Staff present: Mr. Aiello, Mr. Krueger, Ms. McCormick, Mr. Moreth, and Mr. O'Malley.
- Call to Order/Introductions: Mr. Dernbach convened the Worker's Compensation Advisory Council (WCAC) meeting at approximately 10:05 a.m. in accordance with Wisconsin's open meetings law. Mr. Dernbach called the roll of the members. Members of the WCAC, the audience and Worker's Compensation Division (WCD) staff introduced themselves.
- Approval of the Minutes: A motion was made by Ms. Bloomingdale to approve the minutes of the July 18, 2017 meeting. Mr. Reader seconded the motion. The minutes were unanimously approved without correction.
- Correspondence: Mr. Dernbach advised that Representative Jacque accepted the invitation to discuss 2017 Assembly Bill 434 (AB-434) relating to worker's compensation claims by certain public safety employees for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and will appear at the September WCAC meeting.
Andrea L. Magermans of the Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) responded to Mr. Dernbach's inquiry regarding the Wisconsin enhanced Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (WI ePDMP) and the ability to track if a drug is dispensed for a work-related injury or illness. The ePDMP has a required field for the payment source and worker's compensation is a payment source option. The DSPS should be able to provide some statistical information related to prescription use and worker's compensation. The DSPS is developing a dashboard to view statistics that will be available to the public.
- Other Business of the Council: The most recent version of Publication WKC-1-P, Worker's Compensation Act of Wisconsin, revision date of 04/2017, was distributed to the WCAC. The book will be available for purchase from the State of Wisconsin Document Sales & Distribution. A free, up-to-date online version of Pub. WKC-1-P is available on the WCD website.
A motion was made by Mr. Reader for the Labor and Management members to go into closed caucus. The motion was seconded by Ms. Bloomingdale. The motion passed unanimously and the members went into closed caucus at 10:10 a.m.
- Adjournment: The WCAC members remained in closed caucus and the meeting was adjourned at approximately 5:20 p.m. The next Worker's Compensation Advisory Council meeting will be held on August 23, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.