Information for Employers
The Office of Veteran Employment Services is committed to providing local businesses with quality job ready Veteran employees. The Local Veterans Employment Representative (LVER) is a capacity builder that focuses on developing a successful partnership with businesses and Veteran job seekers.
- WDVA Veteran Employment Grant Program - Program to encourage Wisconsin employers to hire and retain eligible Veterans
- Military Ranks with Transitional Skills - Overview of Military Ranks and what comparable duties and responsibilities transition into
civilian employment (PDF).
- Step by Step Employer Toolkit for hiring Veterans – Provides processes for building a successful Veteran hiring initiative for your organization.
- VA Veterans Employment Toolkit for Employers – Employer resources provided by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Wisconsin Fast Forward Program – Receive a state grant to help your organization curb skills gap.
- USERRA - An employer's responsibility with regards to reserve and active duty employees.