Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the August 9, 2017 Council Meeting
- Department Update
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund
- Worker Misclassification Quarterly Report – Mike Myszewski
- Update on Legislation
- Governor's Budget Bill
- UIAC Agreed Bill (SB399)
- HR 2031 (Social Security Disability and UI Benefits)
- HR 3330 (Ensuring Quality in the UI Program (EQUIP) Act)
- DWD v. LIRC, Kenton Morse & Riteway Bus Services, Inc.
- DWD v. LIRC, Valarie Beres & Mequon Jewish Campus, Inc.
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- Today's meeting materials will be available online at 10:00 a.m. at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uibola/uiac/meetings.htm
- If you have a disability and need assistance (such as an interpreter or information in an alternate format), please contact Robin Gallagher, Unemployment Insurance Division, at 608-267-1405 or dial 7-1-1 for Wisconsin Relay Service.