Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the May 11, 2017 Council Meeting
- Report of Activities of the Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
- UIAC 85th Anniversary
- Department Update
- Update on Court Cases
- DWD v. LIRC, Valarie Beres & Mequon Jewish Campus, Inc.
- Update on Legislation
- Budget Bill (SB30 / AB64)
- Mobility Grant Study (AB243)
- Work Search Waiver (SB83 / AB131)
- Department Proposals For Agreed Bill Pending Action
- D17-03 – Assessment for Failure to Produce Records
- D17-06 – Standard of Proof in Unemployment Insurance Law Cases
- D17-07 – Revision of Collections Statutes
- D17-08 – Various Minor and Technical Changes
- Labor Proposals For Agreed Bill Pending Action
- L17-01 – Increase the Maximum Weekly Benefit Rate by $10 in 2018 and by $10 in 2019
- L17-02 – Amend the Trigger for Schedule D to $1.8 Billion
- L17-03 – Increase the Taxable Wage Base to $16,500 in 2019 and Index in Future
- Management Proposals For Agreed Bill Pending Action
- M17-01 – Repeal the Quit Exception in Wis. Stat. § 108.04(7)(e)
- M17-02 – State and Federal Holidays are not Working Days for Partial Benefits if the Employer is Closed
- M17-03 – Reduce the Maximum Number of Benefit Weeks Based on the Unemployment Rate: 22 Weeks when the Unemployment Rate is below 7%; 18 Weeks when the Unemployment Rate is below 5%
- M17-04 – Amend Definitions of Misconduct and Substantial Fault
- Timeline of Agreed Bill/Future Meeting Dates
- Agenda Items for June 15, 2017 Meeting
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).