Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2017
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the April 20, 2017 Council Meeting
- Department Update
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund – Tom McHugh
- Update on Court Cases
- Lela M. Operton v LIRC & Walgreen Co Illinois
- DWD v. LIRC, Valarie Beres & Mequon Jewish Campus, Inc.
- Update on Legislation
- Budget Bill (SB30 / AB64)
- Mobility Grant Study (AB 243)
- Work Search Waiver (SB83 / AB131)
- Department Proposals For Agreed Bill Pending Action
- D17-01 – Assessment for Employers that Fail to Comply with Adjudication Request
- D17-03 – Assessment for Failure to Produce Records
- D17-06 – Standard of Proof in Unemployment Insurance Law Cases
- D17-07 – Revision of Collections Statutes
- D17-08 – Various Minor and Technical Changes
- Management & Labor Proposals for Agreed Bill
- Timeline of Agreed Bill
- Agenda Items for May 23, 2017 Meeting
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).