Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the January 19, & February 16, 2017, Council Meetings
- Senator Sheila Harsdorf
- Department Update
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund – Tom McHugh
- Fraud Report
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing and Occupational Drug Testing
- Public Comments Regarding Pre-employment Drug Testing Emergency Rule
- US House Joint Resolution 42
- Court Decisions
- DWD v. LIRC, Valarie Beres & Mequon Jewish Campus, Inc.
- Update on Legislation
- 2017-2019 Budget Bill (SB 30/AB 64)
- Work Search Waiver (SB 83/AB 131)
- Department Proposals For Agreed Bill
- D17-01 – Assessment for Employers that Fail to Comply with Adjudication Request
- D17-02 – Fiscal Agent Joint and Several Liability
- D17-03 – Assessment for Failure to Produce Records
- D17-04 – Ineligibility for Concealment of Holiday, Vacation, Termination, or Sick Pay
- D17-05 – Ineligibility for Failure to Provide Information
- D17-06 – Standard of Proof in Unemployment Insurance Law Cases
- D17-07 – Revision of Collections Statutes
- D17-08 – Various Minor and Technical Changes (Revised)
- D17-09 – Various Administrative Rule Changes
- D17-10 – Amendments to Drug Testing Statutes
- Management & Labor Proposals for Agreed Bill
- Agenda Items for April 20, 2017 Meeting
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).