Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the November 17, 2016, Council Meeting
- Update on Pre-employment & Occupational Drug Testing Emergency & Permanent Rules
- Second Emergency Rule Regarding Pre-Employment Drug Testing
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund & Year End Financials – Tom McHugh
- Report on Public Hearing
- Senator Jon Erpenbach
- Senator Sheila Harsdorf
- Senator Tim Carpenter
- Department Proposals For Agreed Bill
- D17-01 – Charging Benefits to Employers that Fail to Comply with Requests for Information
- D17-02 – Fiscal Agent Joint and Several Liability
- D17-03 – Assessment for Failure to Produce Records
- D17-04 – Ineligibility for Concealment of Holiday, Vacation, Termination, or Sick Pay
- D17-05 – Ineligibility for Failure to Provide Information
- D17-06 – Standard of Proof in Unemployment Insurance Law Cases
- D17-07 – Revision of Collections Statutes
- D17-08 – Various Minor and Technical Changes
- D17-09 – Various Administrative Rule Changes
- Comments from LIRC Regarding its Proposed Rule – Chairperson Laurie McCallum
- Agenda Items for February 16, 2017 Meeting
- Discussion of Council's Agreed Bill Timeline
- Future Management & Labor Proposals for Agreed Bill
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).