Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Note: Public Hearing is scheduled from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. the same day.
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the September 15, 2016, Council Meeting
- Update from the Department
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund – Tom McHugh
- Misclassification Update – Mike Myszewski
- Update on Pre-employment & Occupational Drug Testing Emergency & Permanent Rules
- LIRC Proposed Administrative Rule
- Discussion of Recent Court Decisions
- Bach v. LIRC
- Operton v. LIRC
- DWD v. LIRC and Beres
- DWD v. LIRC and Morse
- Research Request from Council
- Agenda Items for January 19, 2017 Meeting
- Future Management & Labor Proposals for Agreed Bill
- Today's Public Hearing 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).