Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the January 19, 2016 Council Meeting
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund - Tom McHugh
- Fraud Report - Department Staff
- Update on Legislation
- UIAC Agreed Bill (AB 819 - SB 684)
- Real Estate Exclusion (Act 258)
- Franchisor Exclusion (Act 203)
- Increased Criminal Penalties For Benefit Fraud (AB 533 - SB 401)
- 7 - Year Fraud Penalty (AB 212 - SB 140)
- Work Search Exemption (SB 764)
- Pre-employment Drug Testing Rule
- STC (Workshare Program) Update
- Future Meeting Dates
- Agenda Items for April 21st Meeting
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).