Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m. (Note Earlier Start Time)
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the November 19, 2015 Council Meeting
- Senator Janet Bewley
- LRB 3849 (Work Search Waiver)
- Senator Chris Kapenga
- Senate Bill 401/Assembly Bill 533 (Criminal Penalties)
- Senator Chris Kapenga and Representative Mike Kuglitsch
- Senate Bill 422/Assembly Bill 578 (Franchisors)
- Robert Kovach on behalf of Senator Frank G. Lasee
- Senate Bill 375/Assembly Bill 456 (Real Estate Licensees)
- Update on Legislation: Assembly Bill 140 (Public Benefit Statements)
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund – Tom McHugh
- Presentation Internet Weekly Claims – Kirsten Hurley
- Review and Discussion of Department Proposals
- D15-06 Appeals Modernization & Efficiency Improvements
- New Department Proposals Regarding Declining Federal Revenue
i. Ability to Utilize Reserves
ii. Reinstate Assessment and Use for Program Integrity Purposes
- Review and Discussion of Labor and Management Proposals
- Additional Meeting Dates in January (Bring January Calendar)
- Tuesday, January 5
- Wednesday, January 6
- Monday, January 11
- Wednesday, January 13
- Agenda Items for January 21st Meeting
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may convene in closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats. The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may thereafter reconvene again in open session after completion of the closed session.
- This location is handicap accessible.
- If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1‑800‑947‑3529.).