Notice of Meeting
Unemployment Insurance Advisory Council
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Department of Workforce Development
201 East Washington Avenue
Agenda Items and Tentative Schedule
- Call to Order
- Welcome New Members and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of the June 18, 2015 Council Meeting
- Secretary's Office Update
- Report on the Unemployment Insurance Reserve Fund – Tom McHugh
- Update on Legislation
- Budget Bill
- 2015 Senate Bill 140/Assembly Bill 212 (Concealment Penalty)
- 2015 Assembly Bill 318 (Repeal Waiting Week)
- Review and Discussion of Administrative Rules
- Occupational Drug Testing (scope statement)
- Pre-employment Drug Testing (scope statement)
- Willful Misclassifcation (scope statement)
- Review and Discussion of New Department Proposals
- D15-10 Technical Changes to Wis. Stat. 108.05
- D15-11 Transfer Circuit Court Review Statutes to Chapter 108
- D15-12 Techncial Changes to Definition of "Employer"
- D15-13 Repeal Sunset of Program Integrity Fund
- Update and Review of Department Proposals
- D15-04 Reimbursable Employer Fraud Charging Issue
- D15-06 Appeals Modernization & Efficiency Improvements
- D15-08 Definition of Concealment
- Representative Andy Jorgensen
- Research Requests From Council
- Timeline of Agreed Bill
- Management and Labor Proposals
- Other Business
- The Council may not address all agenda items or follow the agenda order.
- The Council may take up action items at a time other than that listed.
- The Council may discuss other items, including those on any attached lists.
- The employee members and/or the employer members of the Council may go into closed session at any time during the meeting to deliberate any matter for potential action and/or items posted in this agenda, pursuant to sec. 19.85(1)(ee), Stats.
Some or all of the Council members may attend the meeting by telephone. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print), please contact Robin Gallagher, Phone: 608-267-1405, Unemployment Insurance Division, Bureau of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 8942, Madison, WI 53708. Hearing and speech impaired callers may reach us at the above phone number through WI TRS (or TDD/Voice Relay 1-800-947-3529.)