More UI FAQs
- What is FAC?
- Federal Additional Compensation (FAC) was a federal program created as part of the American
Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The FAC program provided a $25 weekly supplement to the
Unemployment Insurance (UI) payments. The FAC program ended December 12, 2010.
- Why am I receiving a notice of a FAC overpayment?
- You are receiving the UCB-25 Notice of Federal Additional
Compensation Overpayment because you were found to have been totally overpaid
unemployment insurance benefits for a week(s) and you must also repay the overpaid FAC
payments. The date of the original overpayment decision or notice that
established the overpayment is shown on the UCB-25.
- Why am I receiving this notice of FAC overpayment now? The
overpayment was from a long time ago.
- In the interest of getting extended UI benefits to the
unemployed as soon as possible, the technical work required to issue these
notices was delayed.
- How do I pay this back?
If you are currently filing for benefits, the
overpayment will be withheld from your next payment.
If you are not currently claiming benefits, or if you stop claiming before
your overpayment of FAC is repaid, you must make arrangements to repay the
If you are unable to pay the overpayment in full, please call 608-266-9701
to set up an installment plan.
If you have a current payment plan, you will utilize that same agreement and
your balance due will be increased.
If you have filed for bankruptcy then consider this as notice only and not a demand for payment.
When your bankruptcy case is closed, any portion of this unemployment benefit overpayment debt not
discharged shall become payable and due.
- Where do I send the payments?
- We do not accept credit or debit cards. Please make your
check or money order payable to DWD. Include your social security number
and the notation "For Federal Additional Compensation Overpayment."
Mail your payment to:
P.O. Box 7888
Madison, WI 53707
- What do I do if I disagree with this
- The UCB-25 is not appealable. If you disagree with the decision that you were overpaid unemployment benefits, you must follow the procedures to appeal that decision. If the time limit to appeal that decision has expired and you disagree with the calculation of the amount of the FAC
overpayment shown on this notice, please contact 414-435-7069.
A proud partner of the network