Labor and Employment Master Classes 2017-18
Labor and Employment Master Classes are a webinar series that will go beyond the basics to provide pertinent, timely information for employers, employees, attorneys, and all interested in attending.
Click for a printable flyer of the course schedule.
- Are you ready? Changing federal overtime exemptions and what Wisconsin employers should know.
- Protected leave in Wisconsin: Wisconsin's Family and Medical Leave Act and The Bone Marrow Donor Law.
- Demystifying arrest and conviction record protections in the Wisconsin Fair Employment Law.
Continuing Education Credits
A Certificate of Attendance is available to participants for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) or Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits. Participants are responsible for submitting this certificate for CLE/CEU credits to their professional organization. The professional organization determines whether or not to honor CLE/CEU credits from a training provider.
Are you confident that your policies say what you want them to say? Even if they are clear, are they followed? Review your employee handbook to ensure your policies are strong and protect you. Be sure to consider:
- Hours of work. Are you accurately capturing hours worked or is there some exposure? For example, are your policies on telecommuting sufficient; What about on-call time? Meal periods/breaks?
- Leave policies. The DWD gets a significant number of wage claims related to unclear vacation pay policies. Is your policy clear, concise, complete? What about FMLA? Are you asking for proper certification? Are you paying for leave when required?
- Review your harassment policies. Are reporting procedures sufficient? Are you taking complaints seriously?
- Hiring processes and interviews. Are you screening in a non-discriminatory way? Are you ensuring you obtain information you can obtain legally? Are you requiring work as part of the interview process?
How to Register
Register for Labor and Employment Master Classes in the DWD Learning Center of Wisconsin.
- Create your Login ID OR Login to the DWD Learning Center of Wisconsin
- Search for Labor and Employment Master Classes in the search box in the upper right corner
- Select the session and click on Add to Cart
- When you are finished adding classes click 'Proceed to Checkout'
- Enter your payment information and click 'Next'
- Review all the information and then click 'Place Order'
- Print your receipt, if necessary
$36 per session --- Registration must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the session.
QUESTIONS? Contact us for more information or to schedule a class on a topic of interest.