Employer Assistance Videos
DWD has produced a series of videos which provide assistance regarding many Equal Rights and Labor Standards issues.
The Labor Standards Bureau enforces Wisconsin's wage and hour requirements and licenses traveling sales crews, private employment agents, and sheltered workshops/rehabilitation facilities.
In keeping with the Equal Rights Division's mission, the Labor Standards Bureau seeks to achieve compliance with the laws we enforce through education, outreach, and enforcement. The Bureau has offices in Madison and Milwaukee.
Specific Program Information:
- Breaks and Meal Periods
- Business (Plant) Closing and Mass Layoff Law
- Cessation of Health Care Benefits
- Deductions from Wages for Loss, Theft, Damage, or Faulty Workmanship
- Direct Deposit of Wages
- How to File a Labor Standards Complaint
- Labor Standards Retaliation
- Medical Exams, Who Pays?
- Minimum Wage
- Minor Employment
- One Day of Rest in Seven
- Personnel Records Open to Employees
- Prevailing Wage Rate Overview
- Private Employment Agents (including Home Care Workers)
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Sheltered Workshop Licenses (updated with information about new WIOA requirements, effective 7/22/16)
- Special Minimum Wage Licenses (Individual)
- Traveling Sales Crews
- Wage Payment and Collection