Know your Employment Rights
Understand your rights under the laws enforced by the Equal Rights Division.
Laws enforced by our Civil Rights Bureau:
- The Wisconsin Fair Employment Law (including harassment)
- The Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Law
- Retaliation Protection
Disputes and the Equal Rights Division
The Division is a neutral enforcement agency. This means that we do not take one side over the other. First and foremost, we seek compliance with these employment laws. If we can stop problems from occurring, we have succeeded.
Disputes still arise, however.
- Discrimination Complaint
- Family and Medical Leave Complaint
- Labor Standards Complaint
- Prevailing Wage Complaint
The Division's staff can assist with your questions. Contact us!