Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Notice of Public Meetings and Hearings
If you have other special needs (such as an interpreter or written materials in large print) please contact the meeting's sponsor.
Previous meeting notices are available at: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/dwd/publicmeetings/default.htm
Week of August 5-9, 2013
Labor & Industry Review Commission
No scheduled meeetings.
Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards
East Central Steamfitters’ JAC
Local 400 Training Center
460 W 11th Street
Fond du Lac, WI
Date: Monday, August 5, 2013
Time: 4:30 p.m.
- Call to Order Roll Call:
- Approval of June 3, 2013 Minutes
- WTCS Rep
- Employee Rep.
- Employer Rep.
- BAS Rep.
- Review Apprentice Reports:
- Review late Reports.
- Review Welding Hours Each Month
- Review Current employer:
- Review Unpaid Related Hours:
- Review Paid Related Instructors Comments:
- Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunities
- Old Business
- New Business
- Annual Review
- Six Month Interview
- Completion Review
- One Year Probationary Review
- Apprentice Applicant Interviews
- Tentative Indenture Interviews
- Special Reviews
- Other Business
- Next Meeting Date: TBD
For more information please contact Katie Krause, phone 920-734-3148 ext 5
BUREAU OF APPRENTICESHIP STANDARDS
Appleton Area Plumbers’ JAC
3315 N. Ballard Rd.
Room: Suite D
Thursday, August 8, 2013
- Call to Order
- Roll Call – This meeting will be held in compliance with the Wisconsin Open Meeting Law
- Approval of July 11, 2013 Minutes
- Unfinished Business
- Affirmative Action
4:35 p.m. Closed Session per Wisconsin statutes 19.84 (2)
- New Business
- Laid off Apprentices
- Review of Work Records
- Changes In Employer Assignments
- Six Month Reviews
- Annual Reviews
- Final Reviews
- Special Call-ins
- Apprentice Requests
- Letters of Introduction
- Next Meeting Thursday, September 12, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
For more information call Joyce Kabat 920-734-3148 Ext. 5
GOVERNOR'S COUNCIL ON WORKFORCE INVESTMENT
Dislocated Worker Committee Meeting
State Labor Building (GEF 1), Conference Room A415
201 E. Washington Avenue, Madison, WI
August 6, 2013
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Minutes of June 24, 2013 Meeting - Action
- Dislocated Worker Program Metrics - Review metrics table and determine relevant metrics for Committee’s needs.
- Assistance to Dislocated Workers - Discuss options for
providing/maintaining services to dislocated workers presently being
served with Rapid Response funding:
- Fund Special Response Grants through December 2013 based on WDA’s PY2013 requests submitted in May;
- Use existing process and application format to accept requests for funds through 12/31/2013; or
- Revise application process based on Committee recommendations.
- Other Dislocated Worker Services/Initiatives - Discuss initiatives that may be supported with Rapid Response funding.
- Future Meeting
- Agenda and date for September meeting.
- Identify types of information / reports that staff should prepare for regular Committee meetings.
To access this meeting:
In person: Interested parties can attend at the State Labor Building (GEF 1), 201 E. Washington Avenue in Conference Room A415. The building and all meeting rooms are handicap accessible. Please register for the Dislocated Worker Committee meeting at the Customer Service Desk in the lobby.
By phone: Local and long distance callers dial 1-877-820-7831 and enter access code 110757 followed by the # key. Should you need assistance during your conference, please press *0 to contact the Help Desk. For Further assistance call 800-485-0844 or 1-719-884-1577 and a Specialist will help you.
For questions about the meeting, contact Annette Nekola at the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, Division of Employment and Training, (608) 267-7145, email Annette.Nekola@dwd.wisconsin.gov.
If you have special needs such as an interpreter or written materials in large print, please contact Kristy Budde at (608) 266-9199, email Kristy.Budde@dwd.wisconsin.gov. Text phone users should call the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System at 711 to request assistance.