Scott Walker, Governor
Raymond Allen, Secretary
Department of Workforce Development
201 E. Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 7946
Madison, WI 53707-7946
Telephone: (608) 266-3131
Fax: (608) 266-1784
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, April 21, 2016
CONTACT: DWD Communications, 608-266-2722
On the Web: http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/dwd/news.htm
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WIWorkforce
On Twitter: @WIWorkforce
DWD Announces Additional JobCenterofWisconsin.com Improvements
New Labor Market Information tools, time-saving resources, system upgrades in 3rd phase of enhancements
MADISON – Today, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Secretary Ray Allen announced additional enhancements to JobCenterofWisconsin.com (JCW) website, the state's free online public labor exchange that connects talent with opportunity 24 hours a day.
"We are building upon the dramatic improvements we've made to JobCenterofWisconsin.com since September 2015 and are pleased to introduce a third phase of enhancements to our free, 24-hour website for job seekers, employers and all other users," Secretary Allen said. "We will continue to seek ways to further optimize this highly popular, user-friendly resource in the future."
Among the improvements are additional features for the highly popular MyLMI resource, which was introduced in January 2016. MyLMI offers a customizable platform for labor market analysts, employers, educators, parents and students to drag-and-drop data sets onto a single screen, where they can analyze the information and save preferences for future retrieval. MyLMI system improvements include:
- A new customizable education and training search tool for educators, counselors, parents and students to find educational institutions and training providers for desired occupations in specific geographic areas.
- Updates to the existing County Wages and Candidate Map search tools.
- Language and functionality improvements to optimize MyLMI for first-time and returning users.
Other enhancements include:
- Added features on the MyJCW dashboard for registered employers, such as a new "My Favorite Resume Searches" tool that allows employers to find talent for open positions more quickly.
- Additional system enhancements that streamline processes to create a more efficient and seamless user experience, and improve internal workflows for DWD and partner staff who use JCW-related applications.
This phase of improvements also includes initial steps toward closer coordination between JCW, Wisconsin Native American tribes and Wisconsin Department of Transportation's (WisDOT). Tribal members and businesses can now self-identify on JCW for potential transportation-related opportunities.
Logon to JCW to target in-demand careers and drive hiring results: https://www.JobCenterofWisconsin.com/.