If you have comments regarding any documents on DVR's website or need an alternate format, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 800-442-3477 (Toll Free).
Visit our Accessibility Resource page for additional contact options.
Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council (WRC) Information
The Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council or WRC (formerly State Rehabilitation Planning and Advisory Council) was officially established by executive order of the Governor in 1993.
Its purpose is to advise and assist the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) with the preparation of applications, the State Plan, the Strategic Plan, and amendments to the Plans, reports, needs assessments, and evaluations required by Title I of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended).
WRC members are appointed to staggered three-year terms by the Governor of the State. The Administrator of DVR serves as an ex-officio member of the Council. Members of WRC consist of:
- Individuals with physical, cognitive, sensory, and mental disabilities; and
- Parents, family members, guardians, advocates, or authorized representatives of people with disabilities who have difficulty in representing themselves or are unable due to their disabilities to represent themselves; and
- Current or former applicants for, or recipients of, vocational rehabilitation services.
The Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council (working on behalf of Wisconsin residents with disabilities) will review, analyze, and advise DVR regarding the performance of its responsibilities in providing quality services to people with disabilities.
The Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council will be a catalyst for the emergence of DVR as a leader in the development and implementation of effective service programs and advocacy for people with disabilities throughout our state. It is our vision that people with disabilities will enjoy full equality of opportunity, complete integration in the life of our communities, and appropriate employment which fulfills each individual's needs and aspirations.
The Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council will endeavor to:
- Build partnerships among people with disabilities, providers of service, advocacy organizations, and those other groups that can and should participate in the accomplishment of the mission and vision of the organization.
- Forge a spirit of trust and cooperation with the administration and staff of DVR and advocacy organizations for people with disabilities so that the use of scarce resources for accomplishing the mission and vision are optimized and conditions are created for acquiring additional resources.
- Reach out to people with disabilities throughout the state so as to create a true spirit of inclusion for every citizen including an opportunity to contribute to the work of the Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council.
- Hear and respond to the concerns and issues raised by people with disabilities, their advocates, and other concerned individuals so that the work of the Wisconsin Rehabilitation Council is as effective as possible and we are able to truly be a catalyst for positive change.