Talent Acquisition Portal (TAP) for DVR Service Providers
The Talent Acquisition Portal (TAP) is an online system that includes a national talent pool of VR candidates looking for employment and a job posting system for businesses looking to hire individuals with disabilities.
TAP offers business the opportunity to post jobs, search candidate resumes based on skill sets and geographic availability, capture job metrics, generate compliance reports, interview candidates, have online job fairs, and have their jobs seen by individuals with disabilities across the country.
TAP is supported by the National Employment Team (NET) which includes VR Business Service Consultants (BSCs) nationally and in Wisconsin.
TAP Training Materials and Links
Consumer Profile Creation Criteria
- The TAP profile creation criteria should be used by VR staff (VRCs and CCCs) to determine if the VR consumer is a match for the TAP. These criteria are intended to be used to assist DVR staff in helping to make positive connections to TAP and to identify whether a consumer has barriers to address prior to creating a profile in TAP.
- Businesses will be using TAP to find qualified candidates so only VR consumers who can to be contacted by employers, perhaps directly, should be invited to create a TAP profile.
- Once a DVR staff has invited a consumer to create a profile in TAP, consumers can either do so themselves or, if necessary, with the assistance of a service provider.
- TAP profile criteria include the following:
- Candidate has a defined interest or career goal and some understanding of specific industry
- Candidate understands and can demonstrate qualifications and skills
- Candidate either has a current resume or has information necessary to develop one
- Candidate does not have any significant barriers that have not yet been addressed or accommodated
- Candidate is prepared to participate independently in a job interview (or get assistance when applicable), should one be offered
- Candidate has references and contact information available
- Candidate has adequate communication skills
- Candidate has adequate soft skills (interactions with co-workers, etc.)
- Candidate has a positive attitude about work search and is motivated to work
- Candidate is dependable and consistent in making appointments
- Candidate has active, appropriate email address they check regularly
- Candidate is actively job searching through other on-line services such as Job Center of Wisconsin
- If a consumer cannot participate in TAP due to identified barriers but has marketable skills for the types of employment available through TAP, DVR should work with the consumer to address the barriers so consumer can have an opportunity to participate in TAP.