Subject - Pre-Employment Transition Services Policy Guide and other related updates
From: Dressel, Meredith - DWD
Sent: Friday, October 27th, 2017 4:00 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
- WIOA CFR 361.48 requires that DVR create Pre-Employment Transition Services Policy(Pre-ETS). Please see the Pre-ETS Policy Guide attached below.
- On Sept. 13, 2017, SLT participated in a technical assistance call with RSA to review current policies and procedures related to Pre-ETS. During that call, DVR was informed that some of the services we have been counting in our Pre-ETS expenditure calculation are not allowable. Per that conversation, edits were made to IRIS as well as several policy, resource and guidance documents to assist staff in implementing this new provision under WIOA CFR 361.48.
- To inform DVR staff of the new Pre-ETS Policy Guide.
- To inform staff of updated policy, resource, and guidance due to the RSA technical assistance regarding Pre-ETS through DVR.
The following documents have been updated per RSA direction:
- Fiscal Account Codes Document
- Pre-ETS Desktop Reference
- Vocational Evaluation Technical Specifications
- Coding Alignment Tool
- Potentially Eligible Guidance
Edits required for IRIS
Following feedback from RSA, Supported Employment Assessments can no longer be counted as Pre-ETS. These services can still be authorized for consumers who need them.
The following Pre-ETS Activity Codes have been made inactive (so they will no longer appear as choices when doing Purchase Orders, Direct Payments, Comparable Benefits, and IPEs):
- 213 - Pre-ETS: Supported Employment Assessment
- 223 - Pre-ETS: Customized Employment (SE) Assessment
- 224 - Pre-ETS: IPS (SE) Assessment
Any open (Unliquidated) Purchase Orders that include these Activity Codes will still be able to have change orders completed, be received against and invoiced/paid.
Thank you for your patience and continued efforts in ensuring we are in compliance with new requirements under WIOA.