Subject - 2017 DVR Policy Manual Update
From: Newton, Delora - DWD
Sent: Thursday, September 14th, 2017 01:02 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
September 14, 2017
Why is this instruction being made?
The updated DVR Policy Manual is now available on the DVR website.
The 2014 version of the manual, the draft that was posted ahead of the public meeting, and the associated summary of changes document have all been removed from the site to alleviate any confusion about which is the current policy.
As a reminder, the list below includes all major policy changes adopted in the July 2017 revision of the DVR Policy Manual. All changes outlined are in direct response to changes in federal law as a result of the implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) on July 22, 2014.
- Addition of Pre-Employment Transition Services Policy: DVR must provide five specific services to high school or post-secondary education students aged 14-21 in collaboration with schools.
- Addition of Section 511 Policy:Annual outreach and review service is required for individuals earning subminimum wage under a 14c certificate, and youth aged 14-21 must come to DVR for services prior to working for subminimum wage.
- Addition of Services to Employers Policy:Business Service Consultants help business owners develop strategies to hire people with disabilities.
- Update to Timelines for Supported Employment and Other Services: DVR may offer supported employment services to youth for up to 48 months.
On July 31, 2017, DVR held a public meeting to receive statewide input on the changes to the DVR Policy Manual. As a result of the public meeting, the following additional revisions were made to the August 2017 revision of the DVR Policy Manual:
- A link to the Existing Business policy was added, and additional language was incorporated into that policy to further clarify the use of the exception process when a consumer is receiving assistance with their existing business.
- A link to the DVR Transportation guidance was added to fee schedule information.
- New exception process language and a link to the Exception Form were added under the General Policy section.
Please review and refer to the updated policy manual for policy related to the services and supports that DVR provides to our consumers.