Subject - Existing Business Policy Update August 24th, 2017
From: Dressel, Meredith - DWD
Sent: Thursday, August 24th, 2017 1:47 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Please see the most recent update of the Existing Business Policy. Due to a review from the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) we made updates to the policy.
- DVR will be issuing a Request for Bid (RFB) to select a statewide provider to conduct the Profitability Assessments for all Existing Business consumers.
- Having a statewide vendor for this service will ensure consistency across all Existing Business cases. We hope to have a vendor selected to begin by Jan. 1, 2018
- Fee Schedule clarification: The $10,000 limit is per Accommodations Assessment, not the life of the case.
- We received clarification from RSA regarding written policies 34 CFR 361.50. Written policies may not establish any arbitrary limits on the nature and scope of VR services to be provided to the individual to achieve an employment outcome. We may establish fee schedules to ensure a reasonable cost to the program for each service if the schedule is not absolute and permits exception so that individual needs can be addressed.
- Added clarifying language around the use of the Exception Process in various steps of the policy and updated the Exception Request form.
- It is important for VR staff to educate our consumers on their oprions and rights if the consumer's individual circumstance requires additional services or supports that exceed the limits set forth in the policy, procedures or fee schedules.
Questions can be directed to Sarah Lincoln.