Education Resource Guide for Students and Families Release
From: Dressel, Meredith - DWD
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:06 AM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - Education Resource Guide for Students and Families Release
- June 15, 2016
The Education Resource Guide for Students and Families is a new tool and does not replace an existing process or guidance tool.
As part of the training grant Value Stream Mapping exercise a major recommendation was to provide clear guidance and materials to DVR staff, consumers and families about education, training and choices. The group developed a tool, which is intended to be a comprehensive approach to support a DVR consumer at all stages of the DVR process and in all stages of participation in an educational program.
Design and Use of the Tool
- The tool was intentionally designed to include active internet based links and resources for consumers and staff to use.
- It can be used at any stage of the DVR process.
- It can be used individually or in a group setting.
- It includes options to add areas for exploration/homework.
- It includes information for consumers who need to consider a change in their choice of a program to develop a "Plan B"
- Each color section is a single post-secondary phase and can be printed and used as a two-sided handout.
The guide has been approved by the Policy Academy, the DVR Senior Leadership team, the START team and the Training Grant VSM group.
The guide will be presented at the Study Hall scheduled for June 28th 10-11 AM.
There is in-person training planned to occur over the summer in each WDA planned staff meetings. The training will be provided by a member of the workgroup and the WDA Director. During that training time information will also be shared about summer school, exceptions, and resources for school accommodations, when to select "additional living expenses" and Approval for Private and Out-of-State school.
Training Grant VSM Policy Workgroup:
- Jennifer Hunn
- Jim Schumacher
- Linda Vegoe
- Sharon LaRose
- Karla Opatz
- Jake Magnuson
- Kara Matheson
- Kathleen Enders
Questions can be directed to your WDA Director or any member of the workgroup.