Updated Assistive Technology Guidance
From: Dressel, Meredith - DWD
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:24 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
The AsTec team has created updated Assistive Technology Guidance related to the use of technology with DVR consumers. This replaces previous guidance in the DVR Information Center on Rehabilitation Technology.
- June 22, 2016
Why is this change being made?
There is new terminology in place that is reflected in the new guidance. Staff completed a survey and indicated they wanted more information related to the use of Assistive Technology including how to work in collaboration with providers.
Practice should align with best practice suggestions and within the policy guidelines.
- Updated terminology
- Best Practice tips for DVR staff
- When to make a referral for AT services
- Information on purchase of AT assessments, equipment and training services
- Updated information on specialized assessments to consider for DVR consumers
- Description of the expected qualifications roles and responsibilities of AT providers
Updated Resource Links
The guidance has been approved by the Policy Academy, the DVR Senior Leadership team, and the AsTec Team.
There is in-person training planned to occur over the summer in each WDA planned staff meetings. The training will be provided by members of the team. During that training time, information will also be shared about how staff can access the expertise of the AsTec team to assist DVR consumers with needs related to Assistive Technology.
The AsTec Team
- Brendan Bobylak (VRC)
- Brian Messman (VRC)
- Mark Eisner (VRC)
- Jacob Magnuson (CCC)
- Connie Riemer (CCC)
- Mike Meehan (VRC)
- Megan Schueller (VRC)
- Lee Balko(VRC)
- Katherine Massa (VRS)
- Patrick Schultz (VRC)
- Sarah Fanning (CCC)
- Tania Hanford (VRC/WDA 4)
- Roxanne Powell (VRC/WDA 9)
- Kathleen Enders (Policy Analyst)
- Alternate - Kurt Kann (VRC)
- Alternate - Jessica (Jesenia) Rivera (CCC)
- Alternate - Andrew Johnson (VRC)
- Alternate - Angela Endejan (VRC)
- Alternate - Al Kaehny (VRC)
- Alternate - Wanda Johnson (CCC)
Questions can be directed to your WDA Director or any member of the workgroup.