DVR Training Grant STAR Payment Delay
From: Haugh, John - DWD
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:19 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - DVR Training Grant STAR Payment Delay
The Department of Workforce Development including the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) will begin to use a new billing system on October 1, 2015. Because of this change, there will be delays of some DVR training grant payments.
- The current DVR billing and payment system will be shut down from September 14-October 1.
- During that time, no payments can be processed including training grant payments.
- DVR staff should continue to process training grant payments until the shutdown starts for census dates that are early in September where we have received the confirmed amount from the Financial Aid Office.
- After October 1, payments will start again to the approved Private and Public Schools in Wisconsin.
September 14, 2015
This is new information about processing DVR training grants for the fall term.
Why is this change being made?
To accommodate the STAR related fiscal shutdown and provide information and instructions to staff, DVR consumers and in-state public and private schools
What are the Changes?
The census dates for the majority of in-state schools is September 14, 15 or 16th. This is the same time period when all payments will stop and not be paid prior to the implementation to STAR on October 1st. Since POs to in-state schools are not sent to the school, please follow the process below to make the most efficient use of time and resources.
- If the TG will not be confirmed by the school until after the 14th, do not approve a PO for the Training Grant. If a PO is approved, it will then have to be cancelled and copied into a new order.
- After the census date has occurred and the training grant is confirmed by the school, a PO should be entered and left in the IN PROCESS status.
- Send the Training Grant with the PO number in an email to DWD MB DVR Vendor Invoices mailbox. Please enter "TG last name, first name" in the email subject line.
- Continue to send the training grants during the shutdown period as there is no need to wait. CCP will compile the Training Grants received during the shutdown period.
- On October 1st approve the POs and complete receiving immediately.
A notice has been prepared to share with DVR students attending the fall semester. A copy of that notice is included in this email for your information. DVR Consumers should make arrangements to cover school costs until the training grant funds can be disbursed by the school. This may not occur until mid-October. Please share this notice via e-mail with your consumers.
DVR will cover the cost of any late fees that result in the later training grant payment. DVR consumers should share a copy of a bill showing the late charge to DVR prior to November 15, 2015 so DVR can make a payment before the end of the fall term to the school. This would be a separate payment.
If you have questions, please contact your DVR school liaison or Kathleen Enders at email@example.com.