Non-FAO Policy Updated
From: Haugh, John - DWD
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:48 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - Non-FAO Policy Updated
- Best practice suggestions
- When an exception is needed (if the costs exceed $5,000 in a 12 month period)
- In-State Preference for school selection
- Conditions for an Administrative Review
- Short Term Training options and how to process
- How to determine the lowest cost option
- A procedural checklist for DVR Staff
- June 1, 2015
- Approved by DVR Senior Leadership Team – March 2015.
Any previous versions of Non-FAO Policy.
Why is this change being made?
The training grant was being utilized for the fiscal aspects of Non-FAO training in previous policy. This caused a lot of confusion and a variety of practices across the state. The new policy should clarify and simplify for staff how to work with consumers interested in training where there is no financial aid offered.
All DVR staff must review the updated Policy and Directors/Supervisors should ensure the entire guidance piece is discussed in their WDA/Team meetings.
Please consult with your WDA Director or VR Supervisor if you have questions related to these updates.