High School Graduation Alert
From: Dressel, Meredith - DWD
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2015 10:00 AM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - High School Graduation Alert
As you may have noticed, there is a new alert that occurred on July 1 regarding high school graduation. This alert will only occur once a year on this date. Please see the action steps below when an alert was received.
Action Steps When You Get the Alert
- Make sure the person was really in High School at application. If not, go to the Federal Requirements page and choose the appropriate answer for the " Are you currently a high school student receiving disability services" at the time of application.
- Check to see if the consumer has graduated.
- If they have not graduated or withdrawn, remove the alert.
- If they have graduated or withdrawn, record the date and if which one.
- Closed Cases:
- If they graduated prior to closure, put in the graduation/withdraw status and date.
- If they did not graduate prior to closure, make sure the closures says they are still in High School at closure. Then remove the alert. NOTE: we are adjusting the alert to no longer send to cases where the closure page says they are still in High School.
- If graduation cannot be verified through other means (school contact etc.), the VRC should make their best guess as to the graduation status of the consumer and use the date they would have graduated if selecting graduated from high school.