Employer of Record (EOR) Updates
From: Haugh, John - DWD
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:00 AM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - Employer of Record (EOR) Updates
DVR's employer of record process has been revised. The new process includes the I/TW provider being responsible for collecting all necessary paperwork to send to the EOR as one complete packet. This new process also includes having a service provider brought on for cases that DVR staff or the consumer set-up the I/TW to facilitate the paperwork for the EOR, provide follow-up, etc. While not new, this process also emphasizes the importance of the EOR receiving the completed packet 2 weeks prior to the start date.
Updates were made to all the Employer of Record documents including:
- Internship/Temporary Work Guidance - Updated to reflect DVR's current policy on length of internship/temporary works, how to address high risk jobs the employer of record may not work with, and the updated employer of record process.
- EOR Process Checklist - Updated to reflect new process.
- Internship/Temporary Work Agreement Form - Removal of Social Security number and position code, and updated process on back of agreement.
- EOR Frequently Asked Questions - Updated to reflect new process.
Please see the Internship/Temporary Work link for all additional updated documents. Changes are highlighted in yellow.
It is expected that this process begins as soon as possible, but no later than March 1, 2015.
- Approved by DVR Senior Leadership Team – January 2014.
All previous Employer of Record process.
Why is this change being made?
This change is being made to ensure state consistency and ensure the Employer of Record receives all the necessary paperwork 2 weeks prior to the consumer's start date.
All DVR staff must review the updated process and Directors/Supervisors should ensure these changes are discussed in their WDA/Team meetings as well as with the Service Providers.
Please consult with your WDA Director or VR Supervisor if you have questions related to the policy updates.