Transportation Roles DVR/MCO
From: Haugh, John - DWD
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:06 PM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - Transportation Roles DVR/MCO
A guide for determining who should provide funds for transportation services when a consumer is also served by a Managed Care Organization.
- The guide is intended to assist in discussion between the consumer, the DVR Counselor and MCO staff to clarify which agency is responsible to identify the transportation resources and supports needed for consumers to succeed in their plans.
- The guide is divided by different process points when a consumer is served by both an MCO and DVR.
- Transportation funding must be pre-approved and must also be related to DVR participation and the employment outcome.
- The MCO will only fund transportation that has been pre-approved and is include in the member’s care plan (MCP).
May 1, 2014
- Approved by WDA Directors – March 2014.
- Approved by DVR Senior Leadership Team – March 2014
- Approved by MCO Integrated Employment Workgroup – April 2014
This is New Guidance
Please review the document and use when questions about the provision of transportation services arise.
Directors/Supervisors should review the guidance in their WDA/Team meetings.
Please consult with your WDA Director or VR Supervisor if you have questions related to the policy updates.