Policy Manual Update
From: Haugh, John - DWD
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:28 AM
To: DWD DL DVR All
Subject - Policy Manual Updated - Effective April 1, 2014
The DVR Policy Manual has been revised. Several updates were made throughout the manual including:
- Inclusion of our referral process which began in October 2013.
- Requirement of guardianship documentation prior to application - NEW!
- Referral procedures updated to reflect this change, and Guardianship Q&As developed to assist staff.
- Update of OOS language to reflect changes implemented in October 2012.
- Reorganization and clarification of purchasing policies:
- Rate of payment determination/documentation chart to assist staff.
- Alignment of purchasing policies to Fiscal Manual.
- Inclusion of self-employment fee schedule which began in October 2013.
All changes that have been made to the Policy Manual are highlighted in Green and will remain highlighted until June 2014.
April 1, 2014
- Approved by Policy Academy – November 2013.
- Approved by DVR Senior Leadership Team – February 2014.
All previous versions of the Policy Manual.
Why is this change being made?
To align the Policy Manual with current DVR processes and clarify policy for DVR staff.
All DVR processes and the provision of services to DVR consumers should align with this policy manual.
All DVR staff must review the updated policy manual and Directors/Supervisors should ensure these changes are discussed in their WDA/Team meetings.
Please consult with your WDA Director or VR Supervisor if you have questions related to the policy updates.