Tool and Die Maker Registered Apprenticeship
Tool and Die Makers fabricate and repair gauges, jigs, fixtures, and machinist's hand tools, and construct metal forms to shape metal in stamping and forging operations.
Training at a Glance
On the Job
During your Registered Apprenticeship:
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Successfully complete Transition to Trainer.
- Employer may require additional certifications.
WI Employment Outlook & Wages *
2026 in Wisconsin
* Wisconsin Long Term Occupation Employment Projections, 2016-2026 (Statewide). Office of Economic Advisors, WI Department of Workforce Development, December 2018.
& US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Employment Statistics, estimates May 2017.
Reports can be viewed on DWD's premiere source for Labor Market Information, WisConomy.com.
* * Average (mean) annual salary earned by the upper two-thirds of all workers in the selected location, occupation, and industry.
Actual salaries will vary by employer and other factors.