Cement Mason and Concrete Finisher Registered Apprenticeships
These skilled workers smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, and roads. They align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; and patch voids. Cement Masons are sponsored by joint apprenticeship committees (JACs). Concrete Finishers are sponsored by Associated Builders & Contractors.
Training at a Glance
On the Job
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Obtain OSHA Safety certification.
- Complete unpaid related instruction.
- Successfully complete Transition to Trainer.
- Employer may require additional certifications.
WI Employment Outlook & Wages *
2026 in Wisconsin
* Wisconsin Long Term Occupation Employment Projections, 2016-2026 (Statewide). Office of Economic Advisors, WI Department of Workforce Development, December 2018.
& US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Employment Statistics, estimates May 2017.
Reports can be viewed on DWD's premiere source for Labor Market Information, WisConomy.com.
* * Average (mean) annual salary earned by the upper two-thirds of all workers in the selected location, occupation, and industry.
Actual salaries will vary by employer and other factors.