Cement Mason and Concrete Finisher Apprenticeships
These skilled workers smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, and roads. They align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; and patch voids. Cement Masons are sponsored by joint apprenticeship committees (JACs). Concrete Finishers are sponsored by Associated Builders & Contractors.
Training at a Glance
On the Job
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Obtain OSHA Safety certification.
- Complete unpaid related instruction.
- Successfully complete Transition to Trainer.
- Employer may require additional certifications.
WI Employment Outlook & Wages *
2024 in Wisconsin
* Wisconsin Long Term Occupation Employment Projections, 2016-2026 (Statewide). Office of Economic Advisors, WI Department of Workforce Development, December 2018.
& US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Employment Statistics, estimates May 2017.
Reports can be viewed on DWD's premiere source for Labor Market Information, WisConomy.com.
* * Average (mean) annual salary earned by the upper two-thirds of all workers in the selected location, occupation, and industry.
Actual salaries will vary by employer and other factors.